Monday, January 23, 2006

Alienation

The ironic thing about alienation is how you’ll always be a subject to it and you’ll always subject others to it. But rarely, will we see it for what it is. We only speak of alienation when we’re not happy about it. We will speak of it less frequently when we are the object of alienation.
Times when we alienate others are the same times that we typically or not concerned with alienation or when we don’t feel alienated by others. And vice versa.
It really starts to get interesting when we are alienated and we alienate others. Why would we do this? What is it that we believe in so strongly to ostracize ourselves from the people around us?
In my case, it is my future. I believe that by sacrificing more of myself ahead of time to learn more, to achieve more, that I can accomplish much more sooner and grow wiser and closer to God because of it. I didn’t expect to have to struggle against those closest to me to achieve it. Why do I perceive those that are closest to me to be the biggest threat to my accomplishments.
Sometimes it feels like I could’ve been slacking off for the last number of months, years, etc. and I would’ve received the same treatment. It frequently comes back to that… you’re still a punk kid who thinks he knows everything. This goes against so much for which I’ve struggled for so long to achieve. Now the people in my way are the same people who have taught me and instilled these values in me. Why would they do that?
Do they intend to get in my way? Are they just too preoccupied with their own problems now to remember what they’ve taught me? Do they believe they’re helping me by doing this?
        

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

June 10, 2006 1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home